Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dining In: Washington, DC

This past weekend, I went to DC to visit a friend and we went to a delicious oyster bar/restaurant that I just had to share.  Hank's Oyster Bar has this casual yet frenetic energy with massive trays of raw oysters flying by every minute.

We had lobster bisque, new england clam chowder, a lobster roll with Old Bay french fries, collard greens, mac and cheese, and steamed mussels.  Since I was sick for over 2 weeks, we opted out of raw oysters as a protective health measure. I will definitely be returning for raw oysters during my next trip to the area.






We also went to Eastern Market, which is a cross between daily food market and artisan fair. I couldn't help but fall in love with these piles of Turkish yarn. The colors are gorgeous and so vibrant.


Tucked inside the market place was a bakery with this delicious apple pie. They sprinkled large sugar crystals on top to make the whole thing end on a sugary, crunchy note. The crust was perfectly baked and the filling was tart and sweet at the same time.


I will definitely be hitting up these locations on our next trip to DC and carting home at least an apple and pecan pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment