Monday, February 7, 2011

It's a Tamale Party!

This weekend, my neighbor hosted a homemade tamale-making party. The first time I had a tamale was shortly after I moved to Texas from Jersey and it was a frozen HEB kind. It was quite possibly one of my least favorite foods. Little did I know that homemade tamales could be quite delicious, which I discovered during a trip to Miami a few years later.

I don't have directions for how to make tamales because all the supplies were prepped the night before. So that's something I'll have to investigate and get back to you later. We made a combination of queso fresco, veggies, chicken, and mole sauce fillings.

We made over a 100 tamales, which we happily ate and packed for our freezers.










Know someone who can make tamales? Try hosting your own party!

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I hope you still have some leftover tamales in your freezer when I get there!

    ReplyDelete