Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Knitting Needle Case

I have always coveted after the DIY projects on DesignSponge, but never had the courage or energy to try any. However, I decided that this project was just too cute to ignore. I also just happened to need a way to store my random knitting needles so they can hibernate until next winter.

I found 2/3 yard canvas fabric at JoAnn fabrics for $2.44 total:


Securing pins to set the lines with an iron:


Drawing lines for the different needle pockets:


Then, sew sew sew sew... I used twill tape on the edges to create a finished look.



Now it looks like I need more knitting needles:


The final product all wrapped up for the summer.


Not bad for not using a sewing machine since home economics in 6th grade. Thanks Miss. Petrucelli for teaching me how to thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin.

Why do they call it home economics?

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I'd ask you to make me one but I don't have needles...

    ReplyDelete