Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Ale

Fall is one of my favorite seasons because pumpkin is infused into virtually every food (and sometimes non-food) item. So this is my tribute to fall beer.



This beer is actually quite light in flavor, but has distinct hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. I don't quite know much about the different types of beer... ask me what the difference is between a lager and an ale... and I would tell you... I HAVE NO IDEA.

But I do know that this beer is a perfect accompaniment to Asian-Inspired Burgers by The Hubs.



Makeshift Asian-Inspired Burger Recipe (estimates only!):

1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
5 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 cup onions - finely chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 lb ground beef (80/15)

1. Mixed (preferably by gloved hand) all ingredients in a large bowl.

2. Form into large 1/4 lb patties and flatten somewhat.

3. Grill or pan-sear the patties.

4. Top with bun and favorite add-ons.

Happy Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment