Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunshine Lavender Farm

Over the summer, a few friends and I drove out to Hillsborough, NC to visit the Sunshine Lavender Farm for their Harvest Day, which is one of the two days each year that the farm is open to the public. If there is one scent that I absolutely love, it would be lavender. It has such a way of allowing me to relax and unwind, especially after a long day. I can't imagine what it would be like to live on a farm with rows upon rows of lavender. 

Assorted Lavender Products. 
Gorgeous lavender wreaths made before our eyes. 
Incidentally, I planted a provence lavender last year and didn't realize that it was a perennial. So, I ripped my lavender plant out of the ground before the winter hit. Then the following spring, I spoke with Anne from Sunshine Lavender Farm and she informed me that lavender plants come back every year. Oops. 

This is my first harvest from this year's newly planted Provence Lavender purchased directly from Anne at Sunshine Lavender Farm. So beautiful and so fragrant. You can also cook with Provence Lavender, which I have yet to try, but will certainly share about the attempt. 
If you have time, you should attend the farm's next Harvest Day, which is typically in June. You can find information about them on their website. Lavender is a versatile plant that is equally beautiful, fragrant, and good for your health. Wouldn't hurt to have one around the house. :) 

Have a relaxing Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment