Thursday, October 20, 2011

Langostino Pasta with Golden Cherry Tomatoes

Someone once asked if I could put together some recipes for "(lazy) single men." When I think of single men, I initially think of guys who order pizza and drink soda every night. But, I am quickly learning that some single men have quite a taste and eye for good food. This recipe was thrown together only because I had an entire carton of these golden orange cherry tomatoes that needed to be eaten before we left on a trip.
Langostino is kind of like good ol' southern crawfish, but always seems a little fancier to me because of it's fancier name. You can buy these frozen at Whole Foods and it takes all but 5 minutes soaked in lukewarm water to defrost. Again... super easy for the casual single guy. What is great about these tomatoes is that they are super sweet and since I like my pasta sauce a little on the sweeter side, I don't need to add anything to reduce the acidity.
Langostino Pasta with Golden Cherry Tomatoes

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup langostino tails or shrimp
1.5 cups orange cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup white wine
Salt and pepper to taste

Pasta of your choice

Directions
1. Heat salted water for pasta.

2. Sautee garlic in olive oil. Add tomatoes and let simmer for a few minutes. At high heat, add white wine.

3. Once white wine has cooked off (it no longer tastes or smells acidic), add langostino and salt and pepper to taste.

4. Toss over warm pasta with parmesan cheese.

Voila! Perfecto in about 15 minutes. Talk about the easiest "fancy" pasta dish in the world.

Sorry for the lack of posts! Travel always throws things off. However, The Husband and I are off for our East Coast Tour in a few weeks where I'll be sure to document our food finds!

Have a patient Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment